Our Wood Flooring Services
Where possible, we will try to beat any like for like quotes you get from other showrooms and online distributors. Not only do we offer great value for money, we have over 20 years of experience behind us, so providing first class, direct, and informative advice is second nature to us. Come speak to the flooring experts.
If you’re not sure how much wood flooring you require, why not speak to us about our Measuring Service. Via this service we can provide you with a more accurate total square footage for your space.
Alternatively you can use our Square Footage Calculator located on the right.
Full Fitting Service
Sheffield Flooring Solutions employs a team of highly skilled flooring fitters. Each have a great deal of experience in laying wood flooring, and we guarantee you’ll love the finished job.
It combines both Carpentry skills with Building knowhow. We can fix uneven surfaces, and repair any scuffs and scrapes you may have on your existing wooden floor. Using specialist tools, we ensure that our work is finished to a high standard, completed correctly, and done so in a safe manner.
All our floors come with a guaranteed warranty. We hope you never have to take advantage of our warranty, but it’s here for you should something unexpected happen.
(Full details are coming soon, but if you want to know more please contact the showroom). Contact information is HERE
We work closely with our suppliers to bring you highly competitive pricing.
Here are some great historical facts you might find interesting. It seems laying wood flooring has been a long standing tradition that has change over the decades.
- Wooden flooring first made an appearing in the middle ages, and some of those original floors can still be found in some homes today.
- It was not until 1625-1720 that homes had more decorative floors, and the idea of having a wooden floor was elegant. It was around this era that parquet and marquetry became popular.
- The most expensive floors were stained colours, laid with patterns, parquets and contained marquetry.
- Wooden flooring did not get mass produced until the Victorian Era (1830-1900) and by the Edwardian era, 1901-1915, tongue and groove and parquet framed pieces of carpeting.
- Later, 1960-2000, wood flooring was favoured over carpet, as it offered a more durable, easier maintenance, more hygienic solution to carpet.